1 lb Black Sombrero Chorizo
1 Medium Onion diced
1 cup chopped cilantro
10-20 corn tortillas
1 lime cut into ¼
Salsa hot or mild to your taste
¼ cup veg cooking oil (to warm tortillas)
1. Put chorizo into a frypan and cook until done on medium like you would for ground beef, approximately 8-10 minutes
2. Once all of your ingredients are prepped, heat a tsp of oil in the frypan to warm the tortillas. Be sure to use a spatula as the oil will be hot and burn you. Place the tortilla in frypan and move around in the oil to coat. Warm for about 1 min per side until the tortilla is warm but not crisp.
3. Typically, we would use 2 tortillas but some like to use a single tortilla per taco. If you want to use 2, overlap the bottom tortilla by 2/3 with the next tortilla.
4. Scoop 2 heaping tbsps of the fried chorizo onto the tortilla, then immediately top with onion, cilantro, and salsa to your liking.
5. Squeeze a few drops of lime and a shake of salt if desired.
Enjoy! Great served alone or with a side of rice, beans, and guacamole!
Yield: 10 double tortilla tacos