• 2 ripe tomatoes
• 1 medium red or white onion
• 1 jalapeno or to your taste
• 1 lime
• ¼ tsp salt or to your taste
• pinch of oregano
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro
• ½ clove garlic finely chopped
1. Dice the tomatoes and the onion, mince or chop garlic
2. Finely chop the jalapeno, first remove the seeds and vein if you want milder salsa as that is where the heat is contained, if you want hotter salsa leave the seeds. Cut off stem and either put in small food processor or finely chop. (gloves are handy to keep your fingers from burning)
3. Chop up the cilantro finely.
4. Add the cilantro, tomato, onion, garlic, and jalapeno to a bowl.
5. Cut lime in half and squeeze over ingredients. Sprinkle in salt and oregano and mix together.
Pico de gallo is delicious with tacos, quesadillas, molletes, eggs, and just plain natcho chips.